For those agencies receiving grants under any of the following COVID Federal stimulus laws the State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM) policies Topic 70 Grants Section 05 eCivis and AFIS and Topic 70 Grants Section 65 Cost Structures for Grants still apply.
- Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act (PL116-123) March 6, 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (PL116-127) March 18, 2020
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) (PL116-136) March 27, 2020
- Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF)
- Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act (PL 116-139) April 24, 2020
- Consolidated Appropriations Act 2021 (PL116-260) December 27, 2020
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) 2021 (PL117-2) March 11, 2021
- State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF)
- Capital Projects
- Homeowners Assistance
All grants shall be established in eCivis and cost structures created in AFIS. For the cost structures created in AFIS the appropriate Major Program Category or Program Category must be associated to these grants to ensure proper reporting.
For any COVID Federal stimulus law prior to ARPA
- If the grant is being received directly from the Federal Government the Major Program Category Rollup or Program Category Rollup 14 should be used.
- If the grant is being received from another state agency the Major Program Category Rollup or Program Category Rollup 15 should be used.
- If the grant is being received directly from the Federal Government under the ARPA the Major Program Category Rollup or Program Category Rollup 18 should be used.
- If the grant is being received from another state agency under the ARPA the Major Program Category Rollup or Program Category Rollup 19 should be used.
When to use the Major Program Category Rollup vs. the Program Category Rollup
- Major Program Category Rollup - If the stimulus funding is the only source of funding in the cost structure, use the Major Program Category Rollup.
- Program Category Rollup - If there are multiple sources of funding in the cost structure use programs to separate the sources of funding and put Program Category Rollups on each program to identify the source. DO NOT use a Major Program Category Rollup when there are multiple sources of funding in a cost structure.
Remember to attach the CFDA at the appropriate level within the cost structure. The reporting code COVID must still be used in accordance with SAAM policy Topic 80 Miscellaneous Section 33 Tracking Coronavirus-related Expenditures.
Contact [email protected] with any questions or concerns.