The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has issued for public feedback an Invitation to Comment (ITC) on the development of a comprehensive revenue and expense recognition model for state and local governments. The ITC is intended to obtain feedback from stakeholders on potential financial reporting alternatives at an early stage of the project. The purpose of this webinar is to inform stakeholders about the issues raised in the ITC. The webinar will include the following:
- An overview of the Revenue and Expense Recognition project
- An in-depth review of the two models presented in the ITC: (a) the exchange/nonexchange model and (b) the performance obligation/no performance obligation model.
- Audience question-and-answer session
Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Arizona Time
CPE: 1 Credit
At the end of this program, participants will be able to broadly understand the two revenue and expense recognition models included in the ITC, including:
- Elements of a revenue and expense recognition model
- Differences and similarities of the models presented and current practice
- Potential challenges and benefits of the two models included in the ITC.
Level of Knowledge
Department of Administration
General Accounting Office
100 N 15th Avenue Suite 302
Please remember to bring your State of Arizona badge to gain access through security.
**You may bring your lunch if you wish. Currently the ADOA Building does not have a cafeteria.
Please park on the lot north of the parking garage or the northeast corner of 15th Avenue and Adams. There are two disabled parking spaces in the visitor section of the garage and three disabled parking spaces in the northeast surface lot. These spaces are NOT restricted by the "2 hour visitor parking" signs.
Registration Information: Space is limited, so reserve your place early
- Sign in to the TraCorp Learning Platform.
If you have not logged in to the new Learning Management Site before, you will need to use your EIN and initial password of “NewUser1” on the first login. Once in, you will have to change your password before proceeding.
- Click “Content”, then “Show Content” at the top of the page.
- Change drop down selection to “Entire Catalog” in the middle of the page.
- Enter “NASACT” in the search box.
- Click on “GASB In Focus Webinar”.
- Under Upcoming Sessions, select the “Register” button on the right side of the course.
- An email confirmation of your enrollment will be sent to your inbox
CPE: 1 credits