Agency allocations are in JLBC’s FY 2023 Appropriations Report, “FY 2023 Appropriations Report – August 2022 (8/1/22)”, in the ‘Crosswalk of General Appropriation Act to Appropriations Report Totals,’ pages 478-486.
FY2023 Back of the Bill Items and Adjustments must be processed as follows:
- All transactions will be completed using Appropriation and Allotment Budget Document (BGA90), and entered and submitted electronically through AFIS by August 31, 2022. The documents will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Back of the Bill Items and Adjustments should be entered at the full amount stated in JLBC’s FY2023 Appropriations Report.
- Back of the Bill Items and Adjustments should be entered using the following guidelines:
Appropriation and Allotment Level section (for crosswalk adjustments)
Action = Modify
Event Type = BG03
Start Date = Leave Blank
End Date = Leave Blank
Description = Crosswalk (must begin with “Crosswalk”, can add more info.)
House Bill Number = Leave Blank
- Quarterly Allotments:
- If there was no approved allotment adjustment, the general fund portion of any lump sum appropriations should be entered by quarter in the following order: 30%, 22%, 22%, and 26%.
- All other funding sources and line items should be 25% for each of the four quarters.
- For approved allotment adjustments, the quarterly distribution must be entered with the approved distribution.
- Make sure the Increase/Decrease selection in the Allotments section matches the Increase/Decrease selection in the Level 1: Appropriation and Allotment section of the BGA90. This has been an item that we have to regularly reject BGA90’s for in Crosswalk loads.
- Only documents in ‘Final’ status are complete.
The Back of the Bill Item Adjustments (Crosswalk) Procedures are also available on the GAO website on the AFIS Information.
Additional appropriation load instructions are available in the Appropriation Budgets section of the AFIS Budgetary Control training guide.
For more information or questions, contact your AFIS liaison.