The General Accounting Office Central Payroll processed Military Leave Roll on October 11, 2017. Only those employees with a current military leave balance were used in the calculation of the roll.
Related to the Military Leave Roll, some duties have already been accomplished by Central Payroll, and some duties need to be performed by appropriate agency staff. The following is a breakdown of those specific activities:
Central Payroll tasks completed:
- Processed the Leave Roll (10/11/17)
Calculation for the 10/7/16 available balance:
Was Military Leave used during the prior federal fiscal year?
No = 240 hours
Yes = 240 hours
less LP64.3 usage from 10/1/16 to 9/30/17
On LP64.3 the 9/30/17 available balance was reversed and the 10/1/17 balance was added.
Agency tasks to be performed on or after 10/12/17:
- Check for new hires that may have been missed.
- Remove any balance for ineligible employees.
- Review the documentation from Central Payroll regarding the roll.
- For any individuals listed, agency payroll offices should review any transactions for military leave used from 10/1/17 through 10/6/17 and decrease the employee’s military leave balance manually using the LP70.1. After the adjustment is entered, the entry can be validated by viewing the employee’s new military leave available balance via the LP64.3
- Remember to retain valid documentation for all Military Leave transactions
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or contact Karen Turner at (602) 542-7403.