Please note and follow the steps below to process foreign bank items with the Treasurer’s Office.
- All foreign bank items are processed at a bank processing center in Texas.
Bank of America - information
Attn: Image Exception Management
Mail code: TXl-160-06-22
1950 N. Stemmons Fwy Suite 6001
Dallas TX 75207
- Do not include them along with other items on the same CR document. If they are included with other items on a CR document, we will not be able to process the other monies in a timely manner.
- The deposit slip MUST contain the agency name and have all the items listed on the slip. We will keep one copy of the deposit slip (mark as “foreign items”) for verification with our banking department. The original checks and deposit slips will be mailed to the Bank of America, Texas address.
- The agency needs to present the following to the Treasurer’s Office: 2 copies of the CR with copies of the foreign check(s) and deposit ticket included.
- Because the foreign item is processed directly by the bank, you will classify it as a direct deposit on the CR document in AFIS.
- CR document should be noted as containing foreign items by writing “Foreign” on the bottom of the document.
- We mail all previous week foreign items on the following Monday or Tuesday if Monday is a Holiday.
- The process for processing foreign items usually takes between 2-3 weeks.