The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) is pleased to announce its webcast providing information on the proposals in the GASB Preliminary Views, Financial Reporting Model Improvements (Preliminary Views). The areas covered will include:
- Recognition concepts and application for governmental funds, including alternative views
- Presentation of governmental fund financial statements
- Presentation of proprietary fund financial statements
- Budgetary comparison information schedule
- Communication of major component unit information
- Schedule of government-wide expenses by natural classification
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Time: 12 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.
CPE: 2 credits
At the end of this program, participants will be able to understand:
- The scope of the proposed improvements to the financial reporting model
- The major proposals in the Preliminary Views
- How to provide feedback to the GASB on the proposals.
Level of Knowledge
Field of Study
Department of Administration
General Accounting Office
100 N 15th Avenue Suite 302
Please remember to bring your State of Arizona badge to gain access through security.
**You may bring your lunch if you wish. Currently, the ADOA Building does not have a cafeteria.
Please park on the lot north of the parking garage or the northeast corner of 15th Avenue and Adams. There are two disabled parking spaces in the visitor section of the garage and three disabled parking spaces in the northeast surface lot. These spaces are NOT restricted by the "2 hour visitor parking" signs.
Space is limited, so reserve your place early
- Sign in to the TraCorp Learning Platform.
If you have not logged in to the new Learning Management Site before, you will need to use your EIN and initial password of “NewUser1” on the first login. Once in, you will have to change your password before proceeding.
- Click “Content”, then “Show Content” at the top of the page.
- Change drop down selection to “Entire Catalog” in the middle of the page.
- Enter “GAO Hosted Webinar” in the search box.
- Under Upcoming Sessions, select the “Register” button on the right side of the course.
- An email confirmation of your enrollment will be sent to your inbox
CPE: 2 credits