GASB 87: You Inventoried Your Leases, Now What?
January 15th, 2020 12pm - 1:15pm (MST)
CPE: 1.5 credits available
At the end of this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the dynamics of the new standard and gain insight into practical steps for implementation.
- Define ways to address barriers to adoption upfront
- Learn the benefits of a holistic strategy for evaluating lease portfolios and ways to foster agency and institutional involvement.
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental)
NASACT is pleased to announce the latest in its series of training events addressing timely issues in government accounting, auditing, and financial management.
Join Jocelyn Quintos, director of accounting operations, City and County of San Francisco and Deloitte practitioners Jeff Goodwin and Sean Torr as they discuss the road to achieve compliance with the new Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement 87—Leases (GASB 87). GASB 87 will go into effect for state and local governments and public higher education institutions for reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2019.
GASB 87 redefines what a lease is and how leases are recorded on the financial statements. The new approach will result in most leases being recorded on the balance sheet for lessees and lessors, which is a new requirement. The analysis that must be performed on your organization’s lease portfolio will be time consuming, and early preparation for implementation is critical to achieve timely compliance.
This webinar will provide a high-level overview of the new standard, focus on practical steps to take after leases have been inventoried, and lessons learned. Participants will also discover ways to address barriers to adoption upfront, develop a holistic strategy for evaluating lease portfolios, and explore ways to foster agency and institutional involvement.
Department of Administration
General Accounting Office
100 N 15th Avenue Suite 302
Please remember to bring your State of Arizona badge to gain access through security.
**You may bring your lunch if you wish. Currently, the ADOA Building does not have a cafeteria.
Please park on the lot north of the parking garage or the northeast corner of 15th Avenue and Adams. There are two disabled parking spaces in the visitor section of the garage and three disabled parking spaces in the northeast surface lot. These spaces are NOT restricted by the "2-hour visitor parking" signs.
Space is limited, so reserve your place early
- Sign in to the TraCorp Learning Platform.
If you have not logged in to the new Learning Management Site before, you will need to use your EIN and initial password of “NewUser1” on the first login. Once in, you will have to change your password before proceeding.
- Click “Content”, then “Show Content” at the top of the page.
- Change drop-down selection to “Entire Catalog” in the middle of the page.
- Enter “GAO Hosted Webinar” in the search box.
- Under Upcoming Sessions, select the “Register” button on the right side of the course. This course name is, “GASB 87: You inventoried your leases, now what?”
- An email confirmation of your enrollment will be sent to your inbox