NASACT is pleased to announce the latest in its series of training events addressing timely issues in government accounting, auditing and financial management.
As fiscal year-end for most state governments quickly approaches and a new year begins, it’s an opportune time for financial statement preparers and auditors to get a refresher on standards that will be effective for June 30, 2018, financial statements, as well as recently released GASB statements that will require attention in fiscal year 2019.
This webinar will provide must-know guidance on previously-issued GASB statements that are effective for June 30, 2018 and 2019.
For 2018, these statements include:
- Statement 75— Accounting and Financial Reporting for Postemployment Benefits Other Than Pensions
- Statement 81—Irrevocable Split-Interest Agreements
- Statement 85—Omnibus
- Statement 86—Certain Debt Extinguishment Issues
- Implementation Guide—2017-1, Implementation Guidance Update—2017
- Implementation Guide—2017-2, OPEB Plan Implementation Guide
- Implementation Guide—2017-3, OPEB Employer Implementation Guide
Statements effective for 2019 are:
- Statement 83—Certain Asset Retirement Obligations
- Statement 88—Certain Debt Disclosures
Other recently issued GASB statements that will be covered include:
- Statement 84—Fiduciary Activities
- Statement 87—Leases
Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
CPE: 2 credits available
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the major revisions of recently issued GASB pronouncements, including those that are effective for FY 2018 and FY 2019.
- Know how the new requirements differ from the previous standards.
- Apply the new principles in preparation and audits of FY 2018 financial statements.
Level of Knowledge
Field of Study
Department of Administration
General Accounting Office
100 N 15th Avenue Suite 302
Please remember to bring your State of Arizona badge to gain access through security.
**You may bring your lunch if you wish. Currently the ADOA Building does not have a cafeteria.
Please park on the lot north of the parking garage or the northeast corner of 15th Avenue and Adams. There are two disabled parking spaces in the visitor section of the garage and three disabled parking spaces in the northeast surface lot. These spaces are NOT restricted by the "2 hour visitor parking" signs.
Space is limited, so reserve your place early
- Sign in to the TraCorp Learning Platform.
If you have not logged in to the new Learning Management Site before, you will need to use your EIN and initial password of “NewUser1” on the first login. Once in, you will have to change your password before proceeding.
- Click “Content”, then “Show Content” at the top of the page.
- Change drop down selection to “Entire Catalog” in the middle of the page.
- Enter “GAO Hosted Webinar” in the search box.
- Click on “GASB Review 2018”.
- Under Upcoming Sessions, select the “Register” button on the right side of the course.
- An email confirmation of your enrollment will be sent to your inbox
CPE: 2 credits
The National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/.