Effective March 20, 2020, State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM) Section 8033, Tracking Coronavirus-related Expenditures, promulgates new, mandatory accounting procedures needed to track statewide COVID-19 costs.
Guidance for tracking Coronavirus-related Expenditures in APP is as follows:
- Reporting Code COVID is to be entered into the Reporting field under the Budget Information section of a purchase requisition so that it is automatically carried onto the PO and invoice(s) without subsequent change order efforts.
- If an agency is paying an open PO without the Reporting Code COVID, a change order is to be made to include the Reporting Code COVID.
- If an agency has ordered COVID19 supplies through punchout, a change order cannot be created. Paid invoices are to be amended in AFIS by processing an IET transfer document.
- Coronavirus-related paid invoices made before the publication of SAAM 8033 must be amended in AFIS to include the Reporting Code COVID. This can be done by processing an IET transfer document.
- If an agency already uses Reporting Codes, please contact the AFIS Operations Team to set up the Sub-reporting Code COVID and link it to the appropriate Reporting Code.
Please contact the AFIS Operations Team at [email protected] if you have any questions.