The implementation of the Travel Management functionality of new AFIS has been delayed until after July 2015, and more information will be disseminated once the timeline is finalized. Payments will continue to be made in HRIS.
The Travel Management application will automate accounting entries for travel requests and expenses and enable the enforcement of State travel polices:
- The pre-trip authorization will allow travelers to seek approval for future travel which is required for all out-of-state travel and encouraged for planned in-state travel. Once a trip is complete, the traveler or their designee will electronically submit expense reports for actual expenses incurred.
- Travelers using Employee Self Service (ESS) will not need to complete and sign a hard copy travel claim.
- Attachments will be supported allowing supervisors to approve expense reports:
- Travelers entering their own claim will attach their appropriate receipts
- Users entering on behalf of others will also attach the travel claim form
- Non-compensated board members will continue to receive travel reimbursements through HRIS after Travel Management is implemented.
|KEY IMPACTS OF TRAVEL MANAGEMENT|
SKILL SET LEVEL
|Travelers will transition from a largely paper process to an electronic process for submission of travel authorizations and expense reports and will need to have basic computer skills.|
|Agencies will need to identify and train individuals on certain Travel Management administrative tasks that require access to new AFIS.|
|PROCESS LEVEL||Reimbursements for compensated travelers will move from biweekly payments through HRIS to daily payments through new AFIS.|
|Taxable travel reimbursements will be processed and paid through new AFIS but tax withholding will occur via payroll deduction through HRIS.|
|SYSTEM LEVEL||Development of interfaces between HRIS and AFIS for employee data and from new AFIS to HRIS for capture of taxable reimbursement information.|
|Most agency travel systems (e.g., database, spreadsheets) will be replaced by the Travel Management functionality of new AFIS when it is implemented.|